Toffee sticky whiskey pudding
My drunk version of my favourite pudding.Love this one!
Preparation 1 hour
Serves 8 Ingredients
200g pitted dates, finely chopped
250g boiling water
1 tsp cinnamon powder
85g unsalted butter
175g self raising flour
175g brown sugar
½ tsp soda powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
Zest of half lemonFor the caramel
140g double cream
100g unsalted butter
60g whiskey Preparation method
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. Cut the dates in the food processor of the Kenwood Chef Sense
3. Place the dates in a bowl with the vanilla, cinnamon,zest of lemon and boiling water, and leave them aside.
4. In a large bowl of Kenwood Chef Sense
, beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time into the mixture and at the end add the flour with the soda powder. Stir in the date mixture and mixing well with a spatula. Butter your bread loaf tin and sprinkle some sugar inside, coating evenly. Shake any excess sugar out of the tin. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes.
5. For the caramel, In a small saucepan, heat well the cream with whiskey. Melt the sugar in a non sticky pan with a wooden spoon over a medium heat and cook until it goes a caramel brown. -Be careful not to burnt it-. Stir in the cream (it will bubble furiously, so be careful as you stir) and stir continuously until smooth and completely incorporated. Remove the pan from the heat. Once the caramel has cooled and thickened add the butter and let it freeze.
6. To serve turn the pudding out onto a plate, spoon the sauce over the top and around, then finish with few more chopped dates and chocolate swirls.